Category Archives: Decorations
With Christmas just around the corner, the design-minded amongst us are no doubt already starting to turn their thoughts toward home decoration… and the centerpiece of every Yuletide home… the Christmas tree!
Before you go up to the attic and drag down the old box of decorations, have a read of these 5 Secret Tips on Decorating Your Christmas Tree, to help your tree stand out in the crowd this Christmas. (more…)Posted in Christmas Trees,Decorations | | Leave a comment
Entertaining this Christmas? Want to have an amazing looking table to share Christmas dinner with but have no idea where to start? So long as you have the food side of things covered, then you definitely can afford to spend some time putting details together for a fabulous looking table. If, on the other hand, the food isn’t up to scratch, then no fancy designs in the world will cover that fact so you have to know that the food is good before taking on the next challenge. Assuming this is all good, let’s discuss ideas for creating that magical look for even the pickiest of guests this year.
- If bringing the Christmas tree to the table sounds good to you, why not arrange evergreen foliage around each plate in the manner of a wreath, or displayed in the shape of a star underneath the soup bowl. This is a very effective way to bring colour and texture to your design while still summing up the very essence of Christmas nature.
- Sparkles always bring a table to life – whether you choose single colour glitter pieces, or multicoloured Christmas shapes to sprinkle all over the table, or even in isolated spots such as around each place setting, this look will brighten up even the darkest of corners.
- A simple added touch that can transform your table is to attach a coloured bow to your wine glasses, around each napkin or even around the cutlery set. It takes no time at all to arrange and yet if the colour scheme is considered carefully, can really make the setting look special.
- Sticking with the nature theme, the traditional poinsettia in a decorative plant is always a beauty to behold on any table with its simplistic elegance and contrasting colours.
- Candles make an excellent focus point when spruced up with some natural foliage, berries and glitter. Consider placing in a wide low-sided bowl with a snow effect for its base.
- Being very creative is the key to an original looking centrepiece, and you can achieve this by bunching together some natural tree foliage and assembling on top a favourite Christmas figurine surrounded by some glittery baubles – very cute.
Place Name Cards
- If time isn’t on your side this year, try looking online for some pre-designed name cards that you can personalise and print out in a hurry. There are numerous designs to choose from, traditional or contemporary, sensible or fun based, get the professional touch without the professional price tag.
- If time isn’t an issue and you are a fan of arts and crafts, try the original approach and paint names onto Christmas baubles with white glitter paint. These little embellishments to your table will have everyone talking.
- Painting directly onto Christmas ornaments isn’t always the easiest of tasks so if you want something special for your guests, create a decorative place card from traditional materials but attach to a Christmas item with a decorative bow.
With all these ideas, you’re well on your way to producing a very memorable experience for your guests this Christmas!Posted in Christmas,Christmas Dinner,Christmas in July,Decorations,Xmas,Xmas in July | Tagged Christmas,Christmas Gifts,Christmas in July,Xmas,Xmas gift,Xmas in July | Leave a comment
Christmasallyear.com.au is an on-line shop that aims to be a category killer on both price and quality.
Westminster Christmas also has a retail store at Shop 1, 610 Canterbury Road, Vermont, Victoria, 3133. This store is open July to December and may be contacted on (03) 9872 6455.
The head office and warehouse of Westminster Christmas Pty. Ltd. is located at Factory 6, Brock Industrial Drive, 1 Melba Avenue, Lilydale, Vic, 3140
- The 3 Men Who Shaped Santa Claus
- Saint Nicholas & The (Brief) History of Santa
- 15-MINUTE AUSSIE CHRISTMAS RECIPES
- The Origins of Christmas Trees, Mistletoe & Candy Canes
- Top 5 Christmas Movies of All Time
- Christmas Cards
- Christmas Dinner
- Christmas Gifts
- Christmas in July
- Christmas Lights
- Christmas Trees
- Xmas Cards
- Xmas Gifts
- Xmas in July
- Xmas Lights
- Xmas Trees